The most accurate hardwired photocell on the market
The 8481-H Westire photocell utilises Westire’s Eye Response filtered silicon light sensor and microprocessor control. This accurate combination provides the best energy savings and reliable operation.
Engineered, in the EU with a 35 year design life and manufactured in-house using only high quality name brand components, the 8400 series photocells are renowned in the industry for their unparalleled quality and reliability.
Features & Benefits
- Conduit mounting thus no need for ANSI/NEMA socket or receptacle.
- Can be used in place of 20 mm lighting controls.
- Designed for modern light sources like LED, Induction, Plasma, HPS, HID and many more.
- Available in universal power supply capable of operating on voltages from 105 to 305 Volts 50/60 Hz.
- Westire Patented Relay Assisted Triac (RAT) switching technology protects the relay from in-rush current.
- Polycarbonate housing is ultrasonically welded, UV stabilised and rated to IP67.
- Upward facing units are designed to be self cleaning.
- 100% product testing, 48 hour burn-in, electrical and final inspection.
- Energy efficient design with an average power consumption < 0.25 watts.
- Intertek ETL Listed and RoHS compliant.
- Available with up to 840 Joule MOV protection.
The upward facing sensor has a 67% view of the sky resulting in higher switching accuracy!
Various housing colours are available, black, blue, brown, green, red and grey
The 8481-H Long Life Photocell has a hard-wired 3 cable flying lead connection with an M20 threaded mounting secured by locknuts and gaskets.
|Dimensions||3.1” Ø x 2.75” H|
|Warranty||12 years standard |
20 years available on request
|Mains Supply||105 - 305 Volts AC|
|Average Power Consumption||<0.25 Watt nominal|
|Surge Protection||Standard: 132J 4.5kA|
Optional: 320J 12KA, 420J 20KA
Configurations available up to 840 Joules
|Operating Temperature||-40° C to + 80° C|
-40° F to +178° F
|Standards Compliance||Environmental RoSH, EN55015, EN61547, EN6100-3-2, EN6100-3-3, ETL|
UK 773, CSA 22.2.
IS EN ISO 9002: 2015
|Enclosure Protection Rating||IP67 - Dust tight and immersion tested up to 1m when fitted in the luminaire.|
|Operating Levels||10 - 200 Lux|
1 to 19 fc ± 0.025
|Switching Ratio||1:0.5 to 1:3 Inverse ratios available|
|Light sensor||Eye Response IR filtered silicon light sensor|
|Switching Time Delay||0 to 25 Seconds ON|
2.5 to 20 Seconds OFF
|Connection Type||Hard-wired 3 cable flying lead connection with M20 threaded mounting secured by locknuts and gaskets.|