The most accurate multi voltage photocell on the market
The 8481 Longlife Westire photocell utilises Westire’s Eye Response filtered silicon light sensor and microprocessor control. This accurate combination provides the best energy savings and reliable operation.
Engineered in the EU with a 35 year design life and manufactured in-house using only high quality name brand components, the 8400 series photocells are renowned in the industry for their unparalleled quality and reliability.
Features & Benefits
- Designed for modern light sources like LED, Induction, Plasma, HPS, HID and many more.
- Available in universal power supply capable of operating on voltages from 105 to 305 Volts 50/60 Hz.
- Energy efficient design with a average power consumption < 0.25 watts.
- Westire Patented Relay Assisted Triac (RAT) switching technology protects the relay from in-rush current.
- Polycarbonate housing is ultrasonically welded, UV stabilised and rated to IP67.>
- Upward facing units are designed to be self cleaning.
- 100% product testing; 48 hour burn-in, electrical and final inspection.
- Intertek ETL Listed and RoHS compliant.
- Available with up to 840 Joule MOV protection.
The upward facing sensor has a 67% view of the sky resulting in higher switching accuracy!
Various housing colours are available, black, blue, brown, green, red and grey
The 8481 Long Life Photocell has a NEMA 3 blade plug in locking electrical connection
|Dimensions||3.1” Ø x 2.75” H|
|Warranty||12 years standard |
20 years available on request
|Mains Supply||105 - 305 Volts AC|
|Average Power Consumption||<0.25 Watt nominal|
|Surge Protection||Standard: 132J 4.5kA|
Optional: 320J 12kA, 420J 20KA
Configurations available up to 840 Joules
|Operating Temperature||-40° C to + 80° C|
-40° F to +178° F
|Standards Compliance||Environmental RoHS, EN55015, EN61547, EN6100-3-2, EN6100-3-3, ETL|
UK 773, CSA 22.2.
IS EN ISO 9002: 2015
|Enclosure Protection Rating||IP67 - Dust tight and immersion tested unto 1m|
|Operating Levels||10 - 200 Lux|
1 to 19 fc ± 0.025
|Switching Ratio||1:0.5 to 1:3 Inverse ratios available|
|Light sensor||Eye Response IR filtered silicon light sensor|
|Switching Time Delay||0 to 25 Seconds ON|
2.5 to 20 Seconds OFF
|Connection Type||NEMA 3 Pin connector|