The most accurate outdoor lighting photocell on the market
The 8483 North Facing Westire photocell utilises Westire’s Eye Response filtered silicon light sensor and microprocessor control. This accurate combination provides the best energy savings and reliable operation.
Engineered, in the EU with a 36 year design life and manufactured in-house using only high quality name brand components, the 8400 series photocells are renowned in the industry for their unparalleled quality and reliability.
Features & Benefits
- Designed for modern light sources like LED, Induction, Plasma, HPS, HID and many more.
- Available in universal power supply capable of operating on voltages from 105 to 305 Volts 50/60 Hz.
- Energy efficient design with a average power consumption < 0.25 watts.
- Westire Patented Relay Assisted Triac (RAT) switching technology protects the relay from in-rush current.
- Polycarbonate housing is ultrasonically welded, UV stabilised and rated to IP67.
- 100% product testing; 48 hour burn-in, electrical and final inspection.
- Intertek ETL Listed and RoHS compliant.
- Available with up to 840 Joule MOV protection.
Westire pays more attention than any other photocell designer to the sky’s blue and red zones to ensure negligible sensitivity to infra-red and ultraviolet radiation
|Dimensions||69.85 mm Ø x 53.34 mm H |
2.1” Ø x 2.75” H
|Warranty||12 years standard |
20 years available on request
|Mains Supply Voltage||105 - 305 Volts AC|
|Mains Supply Voltage Frequency||50/60 Hertz|
|Average Power Consumption||<0.25 Watt nominal|
|Surge Protection||Standard: 132J 4.5KA|
Optional: 320J 12KA, 420J 20KA
Configurations available up to 840 Joules
|Operating Temperature||-40° C to + 80° C|
-40° F to + 178° F
|Standards Compliance||Environmental RoSH, EN55015, EN61547, EN6100-3-2, EN6100-3-3, ETL|
UK 773, CSA 22.2.
IS EN ISO 9002: 2015
|Enclosure Protection Rating||IP67 - Dust tight and immersion tested up to 1m when fitted in the luminaire.|
|Operating Levels||10 - 200 Lux|
1 to 19 fc ± 0.025
|Switching Ratio||1:0.5 to 1:3 Inverse ratios available|
|Light sensor||Eye Response IR filtered silicon light sensor|
|Switching Time Delay||0 to 25 Seconds ON|
2.5 to 20 Seconds OFF
|Connection Type||NEMA 3 Pin|