8480 Part Night
The most accurate outdoor lighting photocell on the market
The 8480 Part Night Longlife Westire photocell utilises Westire’s Eye Response filtered silicon light sensor and microprocessor control. This accurate combination provides the best energy savings and reliable operation.
Engineered in the EU with a 35 year design life and manufactured in-house using only high quality name brand components, the 8400 series photocells are renowned in the industry for their unparalleled quality and reliability.
Features & Benefits
- Switches the light off at a predetermined time for a number of hours each night.
- Designed for modern light sources like LED, Induction, Plasma, HPS, HID and many more.
- Available in universal power supply capable of operating on voltages from 200 to 260 Volts 50/60 Hz.
- Energy efficient design with a average power consumption < 0.25 watts.
- Westire Patented Relay Assisted Triac (RAT) switching technology protects the relay from in-rush current.
- Polycarbonate housing is ultrasonically welded, UV stabilised and rated to IP67.
- Upward facing units are designed to be self cleaning.
- 100% product testing; 48 hour burn-in, electrical and final inspection.
- Intertek ETL Listed and RoHS compliant.
- Available with up to 840 Joule MOV protection.
The upward facing sensor has a 67% view of the sky resulting in higher switching accuracy!
Various housing colours are available, black, blue, brown, green, red and grey
The 8480 Long Life Photocell has a NEMA 3 blade plug in locking electrical connection.
|Dimensions||78.4 mm Ø x 69.85 mm H|
|Warranty||12 years standard
20 years available on request
|Connection Type||NEMA 3 Pin
|Mains Supply||200 - 260 Volts AC
|Load Rating||1800 VA Ballast / 1000 Watts|
|Average Power Consumption||<0.25 Watt nominal|
|Surge Protection||Standard: 132J 4.5kA
Optional: 320J 12KA, 420J 20KA
Configurations available up to 840 Joules
|Operating Temperature||-40° C to + 80° C
-40° F to + 178° F
|Standards Compliance||Environmental RoHS, EN55015, EN61547, EN6100-3-2, EN6100-3-3, ETL
UK 773, CSA 22.2.
IS EN ISO 9002: 2015
|Enclosure Protection Rating||IP67 - Dust tight and immersion tested up to 1m when fitted in the luminaire.|
|Operating Levels||10 to 200 Lux
1 to 19fc ± 0.025
|Light Sensor||Eye Response IR filtered silicon light sensor|
|Switching Ratio||1:05 to 1:3 - Inverse ratios available|
|Switching Time Delay||0 to 25 Seconds ON 2.5 to 20 Seconds OFF|
|Switching Options||Part night.
Various options available